What we’re doing to keep you safe.
- Patients are surveyed via phone before entering to access risk of exposure, rule out symptoms or signs of COVID-19.
- Temperature is checked upon arrival and patients are asked to disinfect hands.
- Patients must wear a mask that fits properly and covers both nose and mouth, no valve masks or neck gaiters.
- Sanitization of surfaces, instruments and frames after use.
- We are asking all patients who are coming to the office to please schedule an appointment. This includes choosing glasses, picking up products, and adjustments.
Please reschedule your appointment if:
- You have a temperature at or above 100.4°F.
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 or been in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID 19 in the last month. Contact is being 6 feet or closer for 15 minutes with a person, or having direct contact with fluids from a person with COVID-19 without proper PPE (for example, being coughed or sneezed on).
- You have experienced a fever, cough, shortness of breath or loss of smell or taste in the last month.
- You have traveled to one of the states on Governor Wolf’s “quarantine list”.
Thank you, Dr. Lori Gray, Dr. Avani Amin, Dr. Brad Reilly, Dr. Jennifer Zerfass and the Staff of Complete Family Eyecare